Sunday, August 5, 2012

Delphi, Wonderful Delphi

Salads are not exciting.  In fact they can be the cause of much disappointment for a vegan and have proven so for me on many occasions - it's not fun munching on lettuce when everyone else is tucking into something that will actually fill them up.  Homer Simpson was right, you don't make friends with salad.

Or so that's what I thought, until I myself recently became rather good friends with an unlikely little salad bowl - well no, friends is a lie - a one-sided infatuation probably better describes it!

Delphi is the fabulous brand I speak of and their range are easy to find in many health food stores across Ireland.  They do a great array of salads, but my absolute favourite, and the cause for all of this fuss, is their couscous number.  Super tasty, always fresh and so filling for a salad, it slips right in your bag and has saved me many a time where the only thing remotely vegan about was a field of grass.

And it doesn't stop at salads.  They also sport what I think is the best range of hummus on the market in Ireland, as well as several dips and a tasty variety of tapas.  While a few of their products contain feta cheese, the majority are vegan and everything is clearly labelled.

And just to top it off, all of their products are extremely reasonable - far cheaper than similar products you can find in Tesco (not that I shop there....ahem...) and as I may have mentioned once or twice already, far superior in flavour and freshness.  And with all that, I think it is safe to say, this little love affair is not going to end anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment